1. The protagonist of the story exhibits some absolutely insane behavior in the first minute of the video. While on what is presumably a first date, he attempts to steal food off his date’s plate and tries to feed her like a toddler using the “airplane” method. If I exhibited this behavior on a first date, I would expect the woman to call the police.
2. What if you recreated the movie Lars and the Real Girl, condensed it into a 3-minute music video and made it more sensual? Now, if you’re wondering, wow, that seems like an oddly specific hypothetical, it’s because it’s not a hypothetical. That’s exactly what Vandergoose did in this video.
If you are unfamiliar with the plot of Lars and the Real Girl, go watch it right now. It's on Amazon Prime. Ryan Gossling plays Lars, an awkward young man who orders a sex doll online, treats her like she’s a real person, and tells everyone she's his girlfriend. To not spoil the movie, I won’t go any further. In the music video, however, our protagonist falls in love with a mannequin after he begins to read a book entitled How to Find and Fall In Love.
3. The mannequin’s head falls off at one point. 10/10 comedic gold. No notes.
4. The saxophone. The reason the music video is more sensual than anything found in Lars and the Real Girl is the saxophone. It’s like Duke Silver levels of sexy. I had to jump in a cold shower halfway through. I probably should have put this at number one just to serve as a parental advisory.
5. The Ending. I’m referencing one specific thing at the very end, and I don't want to spoil it, so you’ll just have to watch the video to find out what it is.
Without further ado, watch "If I Find Her" in its entirety below.